Provides young kids water safety awareness and builds confidence in the water.
Duration: 6 Months
- Water confidence
- Basic survival floating
» FOUNDATION (previously known as stage 1)
- Bubbles Blowing - Inhale via Mouth, Exhale via Nose
- Starfish Float (Front and Back)
- Recovery to Standing Position from Floating Position
- Streamline Flutter Kick (with Swimming Board)
Acquire new swim strokes by stages in conjunction with breathing techniques
Duration: 12 months
To complete the FINS Intermediate programme, swimmers need to be able to swim the below strokes by 25m (half a lap) without assistance and demonstrating the correct stroke techniques.
» FRONT CRAWL (FREESTYLE) (previously known as stage 2)
» BACKSTROKE (previously known as stage 3)
» BREASTSTROKE (previously known as stage 4)
» SURVIVAL BACKSTROKE/SIDESTROKE (previously known as stage 5)
(previously known as Bronze, Silver and Gold)
Duration: 9 months
» Focus on water survival and strokes improvement, endurance training starting from 100m to 400m.
» Prepares swimmers to acquire the SwimSafer BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD certification.
Development / Pre-Squad
Enhances training on perfecting the 4 different strokes including acquiring the Butterfly stroke. Focus on endurance through distance swimming; and speed through sprints and time trial.
- Development classes are conducted weekly, lasting an hour each session.
- Pre-Squad classes are conducted twice weekly, lasting two hours each session.