Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
Further your education with ease at MDIS!
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute which offers well-accredited courses, seminars and management services and opportunities for individuals to develop professionally.
Founded in 1956, MDIS has grown to be one of the most established institutes that offer Business and Management, Engineering, Fashion Design, Information Technology, Health and Life Sciences, Mass Communications, Psychology and Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management programmes.
Think Success. Think MDIS.
MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree):
4 x MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) for SAFRA members (worth a total of $20,000)
Each MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) will provide for the following:
a) Tuition fee (excluding non-tuition fee, supplementary exam fee and re-module fee)
b) Waiver of application fee
MDIS Merit Scholarship:
- For Master's degree valued at $5,000 each for Singaporeans
- For Bachelor's degree (excluding all top-up Degrees) valued at $4,000 each for Singaporeans
Educational benefits for SAFRA members:
- $150 discount off tuition fees for Professional Certificates.
- $300 discount off tuition fees for Diplomas, Advance Diplomas, and Graduate Diplomas.
- $1,000 discount for tuition fees for Bachelor's and Master programmes.
- $1,500 discount for Doctorate programme.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applicant must be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident. One copy (front and back) of the NRIC / Birth Certificate of the applicant and family members staying in the household must be attached with the application.
- The MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) award is open members of SAFRA National Service Association.
- Applicant must have a good academic record, a good command of English and meet the MDIS entry requirements to a course of study leading to any of the Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma programme and such other course of study as may be approved by MDIS.
- Applicant is strongly advised to apply for a programme that best suit his / her highest attained qualifications.
- Applicant must not possess or currently pursuing an existing graduate / undergraduate qualification. Existing MDIS students are not eligible to apply for the MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree).
- Applicant must complete the MDIS application form, substantiated with all academic qualifications including two passport sized photographs. These shall be submitted and endorsed by SAFRA National Service Association
- Approved MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) recipient is required to pay the MDIS membership entrance and subscription fee.
- Approved MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) recipient is not allowed to change to another course once the University has successfully approved the application. The scholarship is non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
- The MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) recipient will be offered the next available intake of the programme after the awards ceremony. In the event that the recipient is not able to join that intake, a written notification must be submitted to MDIS for approval to defer commencement of the programme to the following intake.
- The MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) recipient must commence his / her programme before the awards ceremony of the following year, failing which the MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) will be forfeited.
- Each MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) is tenable for the minimum period required by the recipient to complete his / her course of study.
- The MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) recipient shall not concurrently hold any other scholarships or other awards without the prior approval of MDIS. Any applicant who is holding other scholarships and awards shall declare so in the application form.
- No service of bond or contract is required for the MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree).
- The MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) recipient must meet any other specified terms and conditions of SAFRA National Service Association
- The MDIS Selection Committee reserves the right to terminate the MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) of the recipient, based on unsatisfactory conduct and attendance in class, or for any other valid reasons. The MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) recipient will repay the course fee if they fail the examinations leading to the award of the programme.
- The MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) recipient is required to appear in any publicity pertaining to the MDIS Scholarship (Pre-Degree) award. Any form of publicity to the MDIS Scholarship award will be at the discretion of MDIS.